Friday, June 29, 2018

Sunset

What a beautiful sunset last evening!


 Of course, these pictures to not do it justice. I took these through the kitchen window and, the camera decided to 
focus on the screen instead of the wonderful sunset.



I did spend some time sewing. 
What I expected to take a short amount of 
time ended up taking ALL morning.
 Because I just could not get good points on these seams.
I usually have what I call a 'rule of three' meaning that I will redo a seam three times and  if it still isn't perfect, I leave it.
I am planning on this block being a fair entry so I worked with it until I got it right.
I thought this would be a good block to eventually make into a quilt to highlight the paper pieced blocks I have been making for at least a year, but had no real plan for. There are ornaments, stockings, bells, and Santas. I will need to make several more 4 inch blocks to have enough for a quilt.

The red and green fabric came from my recent 
shopping trip to the store that is closing. 
Thankfully I decided to get several yards of each.
The gold was left over from another project and the 
white is W on W scraps which is what I am using 
for all the 4 inch blocks.
The block is Morning Star 2 from The Quilter's Cache
The 4 inch paper pieced blocks are from Quilt-Pro Systems Block of the Day. They post a new block Monday - Thursday, some paper pieced, some applique, some quilting designs. You have to subscribe, but it's free and the block is only available during the month it is posted.


hosting Design Wall Mondays and  
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to 
finish '18 in 2018'.
Check them out.