Friday, June 15, 2018

Day 15

Day 15 - What season are you thankful for?
Spring!!
I love seeing the my world turn green and burst with bloom.
Summer is my second favorite, then fall, and winter comes in last.
I got my succulents planted. 

 I ended up using the galvanized tub. The yellow ceramic tray was too small.
Blooming around my yard...

I finished the house blocks for the Quilter's Exchange.


My blocks are the second from left in the top row and third from left in the second row. This quilter wants to put hers together like the original pattern, which is this...

Winter Village

Winter Village - Laundry Basket Quilts.

I finished another 365 Challenge block...


I have been told that my school is going to require us to wear our ID badges beginning next year. I am wanting to 'jazz' mine up a little so I ordered a clip on magnetic badge reel with some cute buttons. These are seasonal. I love the butterfly and the sunflower. The are reminders of my brother. I like the pumpkins for fall. The poinsettias will be nice for winter, but it's hard to tell what they are from a distance.


Then I decided I wanted some that are more whimsical. They sent me an extra!
I read to the students twice a day so the caped super hero on the stack of books is appropriate. I like the cute monster one and the snowman will be good during the winter. The paisley is bright and colorful and the owl is very cute, and free!

 These are cute, but from a different company and sadly don't work with what I already bought. Oh well, I guess I will just order the badge reel that will work with these. I really isn't a bad idea to have an extra anyway, just in case one of them breaks. 

The second order took the scenic route!
 From Moseley, Virginia, to Indianapolis, to Champaign, Illinois, to Detroit, back to Champaign, and finally to me in east central Illinois. 
They must use the same route as UPS.

Small Quilt and Doll Quilts is hosting Design Wall Mondays and








 
















What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
















 








Check them out.

1 comment:

Cindy Quilts said...

I don't know why the spacing is so weird on this post. I edited it several times and it continues to be off.