Saturday, June 2, 2018

Gratitude Day 2

  Gratitude Day 2
What technology are you grateful for?

https://www.britannica.com/technology/technologyMay 17, 2018 - Technology, the application of scientific knowledge to the practical aims of human life or, as it is sometimes phrased, to the change and manipulation of the human environment.
 
 Also,
www.dictionary.com/browse/technology 
noun, plural tech·nol·o·gies for 4.
  1. the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.
  2. the application of this knowledge for practical ends.
  3. the terminology of an art, science, etc.; technical nomenclature.
  4. a scientific or industrial process, invention, method, or the like.
  5. the sum of the ways in which social groups provide themselves with the material objects of their civilization.
So, with that in mind I am thankful for my lawn mower. It is a garden 
tractor riding mower. It allows me to mow my yard in several hours. My 
mother-in-law used to mow their yard with a push mower. I think she must 
have mowed a part of the yard every day all summer long. No thank you. 
When she started to have health problems and couldn't mow anymore my father-in-law bought a riding mower for himself to use to mow with. Hmm. 
For the last several years my husband has been doing the mowing for my FIL.
 
I am also thankful for my washer and dryer. My husband and I both remember our mothers using wringer washers and hanging laundry outside on a line to dry. We also both remember our mothers getting a hand caught in the rollers of the wringer washers. My MIL hung clothes outside until she went into the nursing home. My FIL believed that the dryer used too much electricity. 
But, now that he does his own laundry he uses the dryer. Hmm.
While I love the smell of laundry that has dried on the line 
I am thankful to have a washing machine and dryer.

I have worked outside almost all day today.
I pulled some weeds, lots more to do.
I planted some more seeds in the garden.
I planted some flowers, still more to do.
I had a little helper.


This toad startled me when I grabbed a petunia to pot up.
 

 I relocated it to a shady spot closer to the ground. I hope it stays around 
and eats up all the bad bugs I don't want hanging around my plants.
 
http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/05/design-wall-monday-may-28-2018.html
 
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
 
Check them out.