Friday, June 22, 2018

I Should Be...

...working in my yard. It is cooler today, we have had rain so the ground is soft. 
A good day to pull weeds. But, instead I am doing this...





I need to get this quilted and off the frame so I can put this one on.


It is a cloudy, dreary day here so I used the flash on my camera.


Without flash.

The last time I refreshed my hummingbird feeders I noticed a LOT of ants.
I began searching for ways to fix this. There are lots of ideas on Pinterest.
One led me to a sight on how to make your own with things you might already have on hand.
I had left the sight open on the computer. My husband saw it and asked about what it was.
Next thing I know, here he comes with can lids and wire. I now have ant moats!



Every morning and evening I get to watch the barn swallows swooping around catching bugs.
Image result for barn swallow flying
Picture found here
They are very fast!
There were at least 10 of them flying around, but I wasn't able to actually get a picture of them.


The camera focused on the bell of the wind chime.


And isn't that pink hollyhock pretty?


The corn will be much taller than 'knee high' by the Fourth of July!
I got pictures of everything except the barn swallows.

Today is going better than I expected since this happened when I took my shower this morning.




By the end of my shower I was standing in a couple of inches of water. It is draining fine now. I don't know what caused it, but I hope it doesn't happen again!

What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'.
Check them out.  

No comments: