Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Gratitude Day 12

Day 12 - What texture are you grateful for?
 
tex·ture
ˈteksCHər/
noun
noun: texture; plural noun: textures
1.
the feel, appearance, or consistency of a surface or a substance.
"skin texture and tone"
synonyms:feel, touch
verb
verb: texture; 3rd person present: textures; past tense: textured; past participle: textured; gerund or present participle: texturing
  1. 1.
    give (a surface, especially of a fabric or wall covering) a rough or raised texture.

    "wallcoverings which create a textured finish"
     
    While I enjoy the texture of fabrics and quilts, I am grateful for the texture of my husband's beard. I have never seen him without some sort of facial hair. He has had everything from a full beard grown out to the middle of his chest, a short close-trimmed beard, a mustache. But he has always had some sort of facial hair. He shaves some of it off, then lets it grown in again.It is soft once grown in. It used to be black like the hair on his head. Now it is mostly white.
     
    I have had to revise my goals for the next few days. We have family (with small children) coming to visit next week. I need to child proof my home! I knew they were coming but I thought it was the week after next. I have lots of small objects and sewing supplies around - by the machine, next to recliner, by the quilt frame - all within easy reach of a toddler/small child. They are curious and from past experience I have learned that Mom and Dad don't keep a close eye on them. So I will be busy putting things away.  But first, I wanted to finish up what was on my design wall. Easier to do that than put it away twice.
     
    I have finished 2 more 365 Challenge blocks - one yesterday, one today.
     
 I had put the Quilter's Exchange blocks up to start picking fabrics.
I want to get the blocks made now so I don't have to 
put it away only to have to get it out again later.




 
These blocks were made by other members of the group. 
Now, I need to work on my blocks.

 
Small Quilt and Doll Quilts is hosting Design Wall Mondays and
 
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
 
Check them out.