Friday, June 1, 2018

Gifts

Yesterday was Bubble Day. 
A fun, water activity filled day.
The last day of school.
It was sunny, a little breezy and hot! But, that actually is good because the kids were wet from all the water activities and the heat kept them from being cold.
There was a shaving cream table, squirt gun area, bubbles, wet sponge tag, squirt gun tag, basketball, playground time, face painting, and more. There were 12 stations, 6-7 students per group, 15 minutes at each station. I manned the snack station. It is in the park pavilion that is on the edge of the school play yard. Nice breeze, shade. Best place to be. We served watermelon slices, animal crackers and bottled water. Mid-day was picnic lunch in the pavilion, then freezer pops. Many students left with their parents after that. The rest of us went inside to the library, the only air conditioned room in the building, to stay cool and watch Daniel Tiger videos. I had not seen Daniel Tiger. It is based off Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, but animated. I enjoyed the videos and so did the kids. It was a fun day. I will miss these kids.

I was given a couple of gifts from students. 
One little guy gave my a lovely card with a picture he drew and sweet message inside along with two bags of Starbursts. I asked him if he meant for me to have both bags and he said yes, but later he came to find me and asked if he had given me two cards. He couldn't find the card for another staff member. I didn't have the card, but I gave him back one of the bags of Starburst since one was meant for the other staff member. I sent the other bag home with my son. 

I always knew Tobias loved listening to stories. 


He was always so engrossed in the books I read he didn't like when it was his turn to use the restroom because he would miss part of the story.


I also received this nice potted geranium from a student. 
It is planted in a Folger's coffee can. She glued Scrabble 
letters - GROW - to a butter knife that is placed in the center. 
There was a sweet little card, too, but I seemed to have lost that. 
I think it fell off on the way to the car. :(


My son gifted me the rooster planter for Mother's day. 
I think the geranium looks nice in it.

The small rooster beside it was a gift from my sister-in-law. 
She is so sweet. Every time if visit her she has something for me.

Blogger seems to be going through some changes. 
You can read more about that here at A Left-Handed Quilter
I, like her, may not continue blogging if I have to pay. I had noticed 
some changes, but chalked that up to Firefox updating recently. When 
that happened I lost ALL my bookmarks. I have not been able to 
recover them, even though I followed suggestions in the help section. 
I am not happy about that. 

I wish things could just be left alone. I figure out how to do something, am comfortable with it and then changes happen. I don't have the patience and am not willing to spend the time to try to figure it all out.

We switched to a new internet provider this week. I am hoping it is better than the last one. At least this time we can pay monthly instead of annually so it will be easier to switch again if needed. I know several people who have been using this provider for a while and are very happy, so I expect we will be too.
 
 


http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/05/design-wall-monday-may-28-2018.html
 
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
 
Check them out.