Sunday, June 10, 2018

Gratitude Days 9 & 10

I am combining two days since I have gotten a little behind.
Day 9 - What place are you thankful for?
HOME! 
After going to visit with my SIL, son and his GF on Friday I was happy to get home. My house isn't big and fancy, but it is home and I am always happy to get back. Today, I was especially happy to be home. Sunday is 'date morning' for husband and I. We alternate where we shop and this week it was the farm store and W-M, a 40 mile trip one way. It was cloudy and looked like rain when we left home. Before we had traveled to far it POURED! I had the wipers on high and everyone had slowed down to about to 60, 55, then 45 miles an hour. We all had our hazard lights blinking. The semis just keep on rolling throwing even more water up on the windshield as they passed. The rain stopped by the time we got to the farm store which I was thankful for. Half way home it started up again. It has stopped, but I hear thunder and the sky is dark so it looks like we will get more. We have over 1 1/2 inches so far, that is enough for now.

Day 10 - What taste are you grateful for today?
Apple fritters.
Another part of our weekly shopping is to get apple fritters. Yum!

Yesterday I finished a 10 Minute Table Runner using the Romance fabric I got on Friday. I plan to make another one with different fabrics in that line.






I have found some hummingbird buttons on-line that I think will look nice attached at the seam line where the dark fabric meets the center panel.

I also made two more 365 Challenge blocks.


I am not seeing any comments any more. I don't know if that means no one is commenting or if Blogger isn't working. I know other people have mentioned some issues. I am not technologically gifted enough to figure it out.

 
Small Quilt and Doll Quilts is hosting Design Wall Mondays and
 
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
 
Check them out.

No comments: