Saturday, June 9, 2018

Gratitude Day 8

Day 8 - What book are you grateful for?
Yesterday was day 8 and traveled to see my sister-in-law, my son and his girlfriend. It is a 2 hour drive there and a 2 hour drive back. I like to listen to audio books when I am driving by myself. Yesterday I finished listening to The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini. I have really enjoyed all the books I have read/listened to in the Elm Creek Quilts series.

The main reason for the trip was to deliver the vest I altered to my SIL.




 
She loved it. I asked her to try it on just in case. I didn't want her to discover something needed changed at the last minute.

 
I also gave her and my son some rhubarb strawberry bread and jam. They both seemed pleased with that. I know SIL will like it. Son and GF will be trying it for the first time so we will see if they like it. 

We had a nice visit. Ate lunch, talked, shopped at Joann Fabrics and at the mall. Their mall, like all malls it seems, is slowly losing stores. 

Here is what I got from Joann's:





Cute buttons and an Ottlite for the sewing machine.



Left to right - stamps for card making, cotton and scrubby yarn for dishclothes, a top and matching pouches. 

Even with coupons and sales deals I always spend more than I think I will, but these are all things that will get used, eventually.

On the way to Charleston/Mattoon I stopped in Arthur at Stitch & Sew. My fabric selections from there:
 


Left to right - on the top Follow the Sun fabric for the back of placemat panels I already have (sometimes I don't plan well and did not buy all the fabric at the same time), on the bottom a lovely floral and hummingbird print - Romance by Whistler Studio for Windham fabrics, the stripe, all, light print and dark print are also in that line. The light prints have a little shimmer of gold on the leaves. I also got some Kona solids and a light Grunge. I plan to make a couple of the 10 Minute Table Runners with the Romance prints. On the left are also two fat quarters. I like to have a variety of fabrics in my stash so buy lots of fat quarters. I also got some needle grabbers. This is a nice shop and the staff is friendly. Every time I have been in there it is not overly busy, but a steady flow of customers in and out. 

It was a good day. Good conversation with people I love and a good book to keep me company while driving.


 
Small Quilt and Doll Quilts is hosting Design Wall Mondays and
 
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
 
Check them out.

No comments: