Monday, June 18, 2018

Today's Work

I started the morning early out in the garden trying to beat the heat.

That didn't go well. I drug the hose up from the basement and attached it to the spigot. 
I am unable to get it on tight enough to prevent leaking. It wasn't too bad so I proceeded.
The sprayer worked ok for about 2 minutes and then the handle - the part that depresses the button allowing the water to come out - broke. Ok, I will just switch it out with one of the other sprayers we have. I worked and worked at it, but could not get the old sprayer off. It looks like lots of mineral deposits are keeping it firmly attached. By then the flies were biting and I was dripping sweat. So much for beating the heat. I decided to work inside until husband can get the sprayer off. Turns out my husband can't get it off either.

Since it is too hot outside I decided to work inside.
Another 365 Challenge block.

And, a paper pieced hummingbird. As is it will finish at 4 inches. 
One of the categories at the fair is unfinished 6 inch quilt block. 
I am adding a flange and border to make it 6 inches. 
I think I have decided I like the fuschia color for the flange.


























What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
























Check them out.

1 comment:

Cindy Quilts said...

My posts look good, until I post them.
I don't know why there is so much space at the bottom.
I have edited three times to remove the space, but it is still there.