Sunday, June 3, 2018

Gratitude Day 3

Gratitude Day 3
What color are you grateful for?
Green! My favorite color.
It means the warmer months are here - no more snow, ice, cold.
It means things are growing - crops, good food from the garden, pretty flowers.
Corn across the road from my house.
Cucumbers and green peppers.
Front flower garden.

 What I am not grateful for is the wind. I planted and repotted some things yesterday and the strong wind today is not being kind to them.

Notice the milkweeds bending to the wind in the picture above.
Those milkweeds are growing in my front garden area. 
I am allowed to let them grow for the Monarch butterflies as long 
as I snap off the pods before they open in the fall. Once in awhile we 
are lucky enough to watch the caterpillar to chrysalis to butterfly process. 


Here is the wind chime. I normally enjoy the tinkling 
sounds it makes, but today it is not a pretty sound. 

I am feeling a little overwhelmed lately. I mentioned that I bought a used 14 foot APQS Ultimate I and I need to rearrange my house to make room for it. 
I need to move some things into my son's room so they are out of the way. 
I need to box up and move my son's things out of his room to make room for those things and to set up a bed. Those boxes will go into the attic room until he can come home and go through them. I need to clean up the attic room so I can get to the disassembled bed and to make room for son's boxed up stuff. 
I guess I need to start with the attic room, but there is no A/C up there and it is hot! My husband and I both come from families who believe in saving things. You know, you might need that thing that you haven't used/worn for years some time. There are years of accumulated stuff up there. There are boxes that moved with us 20+ years ago that have not been opened since we moved. I don't think I need those things anymore. 
I have been letting him know how stressed I am feeling about moving all this stuff around. I want to get it finished before I go back to school August 20th. 
I know that seems like a long way off, but it isn't. It will be here before I know it. I finally told him things are going to get thrown away. 
And, he agreed that it needs to happen! 

Guess I better get busy!

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/05/design-wall-monday-may-28-2018.html
 
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
 
Check them out.