Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Gratitude Day 6

Day 6 - What in nature are you grateful for today?
A breeze!
NOT WIND, but a nice gentle breeze. 
Today was a hay baling day and the breeze was nice. 

I have a To Do list of things I want to accomplish this summer. 
I always have a list going in my head, but this year I am keeping a list going on the computer. I started it before school got out. Every day I take a look at it and cross things off as I finish them. I also add to it as I think of more things.


 I know I will not accomplish all of these before school starts again, but it gives me a little satisfaction to know I did get some of them done. I will continue to work on crossing off and adding to this list even after school starts.

On my list I put that I wanted to spend 15 minutes a day working upstairs in my attic room hoping that would give me a push to get up there and possibly stay more than 15 minutes. Today is the first day I worked up there, but I did it for 3 1/2 hours! I went through a box of old papers and threw out half of them. I found some clothing fabric I had forgotten about. I consolidated several boxes into one box. And, I found some things that I no longer want, but are too nice to just throw away - child's Blue's Clues sleeping bag, fabric I no longer want (that will be offered at my next quilt exchange meeting), box of beading supplies (already found a new home), etc. I am not sure what to do with this stuff. We have a Buy, Sell, Trade page on Facebook in my area that I guess I can try.
I just want it out of my house. 

I am trying to unearth the double bed that is up there so I can set it up in my son's room. Here it is...

 
... behind the office divider. The mattress is farther back. Lots of stuff needs to move/be removed to get to this. This is what the rest of the room looks like...
 

The attic has been turned into a usable room at some point. I used it as a sewing room when we first moved, but there is only 1 air vent to that room so it is hot in the summer, cold in the winter. I quickly abandoned using this room.


There is actual attic on both sides of the room though. More stuff in there :(
We have been living in this house for 20+ years. When something was no longer used, needed or wanted it went to this room. It is hard to go through 20+ years of stuff! I keep thinking how will my son deal with this when the time comes. He won't be able to, it needs to be dealt with now.
 
The other dilemma I have is what to do with certain things.
 
Old videos, both VHS and DVD. 
 
 
My son doesn't want them. There is this box and another to the right of it that you can't see. Both are full. Most people don't even have the equipment to watch these any more. Should I just throw them out?
 
And, what about CDs?
 
 
There are four sides to this revolving CD holder, all full. Most of these are downloaded to my computer, but what if my computer crashes? Should I just throw them out? Or upcycle them?
 
Image result for upcycle cds

This is cool!
Image result for upcycle cds

Pretty!

What do you guys do with your old stuff?



 
Small Quilt and Doll Quilts is hosting Design Wall Mondays and
 
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
 
Check them out.