Thursday, June 14, 2018

Gratitude Day 13

  Day 13 - What abilities are you grateful for?
I am thankful for my creating abilities. I enjoy sewing, quilting, knitting and creating things in general. I also thing I have an ability to be resourceful. It has come in handy throughout my life when I have had to make do with what I had.

On Wednesday I enjoyed another fun trip with my quilting buddies. We traveled to a nearby town to enjoy the senior meal offered by the Dairy Queen. It is a nice meal at a good price. There were plenty of seniors there enjoying the meal. We also went to the quilt store in that town. Sadly, they are closing. Everything in the store is discounted but we got lucky as they were having a 'one day special'. All fabric was 3.99 a yard. It was so hard not to get a yard of each! I did restrain myself and only bought a few pieces that really called my name. I love batiks and what a great price. I will probably regret not getting more.


Two yard cuts except the two on the top right. They will be bowl and plate buddies 
for my niece. She has kitties and her birthday is coming up so these are perfect for her. 
The blue piece has the word MEOW and paw prints all over. 
The white piece says CAT, Kitty, The Cat's Meow, Purr, The Cat's Whiskers, 
Purr-iffic and has paw prints, fish skeletons and hearts printed on it.
 

Fat quarters with plans to use the sports ones for bowl buddies.


The yellow ceramic tray and galvanized tub came from the hardware store. The store had much more than hardware. It was fun to walk through. I plan to use one of the containers for some succulents that needed planted. I have six plants and I'm not sure if the yellow tray is big enough, but I really like it. The galvanized one is for sure. I will find another use for the one that doesn't get used for plants. Rolled fat quarters would look nice, or other sewing related items, or tea bags, or...
 
Small Quilt and Doll Quilts is hosting Design Wall Mondays and
 
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to finish '18 in 2018'
 
Check them out.

No comments: