Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Getting Ready for the Fair

I am trying to get my fair projects completed.
This year I am thankful to have some quilt top completed that I hadn't gotten around to quilting.

My productivity has been low the last year. Part of the reason for that must be because I am getting older and more tired! During the school year I am ready to sit down and rest by the time I get home. That works well because my husband is too. And, sometimes, often, we both need to vent to each other about our days. Especially my husband with all the stress he is dealing with with his father. After that is time for supper, a little TV watching, then bed. I don't get much accomplished during the week and weekends seem to be taken up with shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc.

Anyway, here is what I have been doing...
Birdhouses for the Yard and Garden Art category.
Made with coffee cans and old plates and dishes.
I embellished with items I had on hand, mostly.
I did purchase a few things, like the rocks, fence and lantern.
These were fun to make!

Mini knitted hat tree ornament.
Mini knitting in a glass tree ornament.
6 inch quilt block.
Another 6 inch block.
12 inch block.
Another 12 inch block in progress.
Top ready to quilt.
Another top needing borders, quilting, binding.
Three more tops ready for quilting.

I think I need to get busy!

While going through boxes of old stuff no one wanted anymore I found these two items.

I used this as a hanger for the quilt on one of the birdhouses.
It is the same size as the item pictured below. My hand is in there for size reference.
I have no idea what they are.


hosting Design Wall Mondays and  
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to 
finish '18 in 2018'.
Check them out.