Monday, July 9, 2018

One Done, More to Go!

Over the weekend I finished quilting,



and binding this quilt.



This quilt is flannel. My Quilter's Exchange group swapped flannel fat quarters a while back and I used them in this quilt. I love how it turned out. I do have a little concern about the blue flannel used for the border, backing and binding. 


It isn't as noticeable in the photo as it is in 'real life' but there is a slight difference in the border fabric and the backing/binding fabric. I ordered on-line and when I realized I hadn't ordered enough for the border AND the backing AND the binding I ordered more. I didn't notice a difference until putting the binding on. The pieced used for the border is not as fuzzy, a little darker and a little stiffer than the backing and binding piece. I don't care, but I hope the judge at the fair doesn't take off because of it. 


Also, as I was sewing the binding down I noticed my fingers were turning blue! Rub off from the blue flannel! 
I love the crinkly look from washing, but I am concerned about washing this quilt.

After finishing the flannel quilt I loaded the next one in line.



And, went from this...


...to this...


... to this. It is ready for binding.

 

The back is pretty wild! 


I love bright colors. 
On to the next one.


Mirror Mirror by Georgette Dell'Orco for cozy quilt Designs.

hosting Design Wall Mondays and  
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to 
finish '18 in 2018'.
Check them out.

3 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Gorgeous Irish Chain and stars quilt! It's on my to-do list, but not with flannels, working toward being a leader/ender.

Denise said...

All gorgeous

dq said...

I can't see the quilting in your first finish but the quilting in your second one is fantastic. I love the circles and am envious of your quilting machine that allows you to do that.

Congratulations on two great finishes in the 18 in 2018 challenge. I am in hopes that next year I won't have 19 to work on. We shall see.