Friday, July 13, 2018

A Little Setback

I was ready to load the next quilt when I discovered the backing was not wide enough. The top was pieced from a wall hanging kit several years ago. I cannot even find the pattern now, I looked. I had decided I wanted the top larger than a wall hanging and purchased the batik for borders. I really like the batik and since there was more than enough length for the back after cutting the borders I think I bought all they had knowing I would need to get creative for the backing. Again, it was several years ago.


Here I have cut it to see how wide of a piece I need to add in. I decided to piece a section ...




The reason for stash fabrics! 
I had purchased a half yard stack and 
a few fat quarters of some solids a while back. 


So thankful to have them in my stash. 
I cut squares of colors similar to the front of the quilt, pieced them and added black sashing on each side. 

The back is pieced and the quilt is loaded, ready to go.


I did get the binding finished on this one...




I love batiks and bright colors!

And, this one went from this...



 ... to almost finished with the binding. 
I will get it done today!
Again, batiks. This time more calm and soothing.
So, three down, one to go. Fair entries are due for judging at 9:00 on the 19th. With no more setbacks I should be finished in plenty of time.

hosting Design Wall Mondays and  
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to 
finish '18 in 2018'.
Check them out.

No comments: