Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Fair Finale

I helped close up the fair building on Monday.

Here is the quilt display during the fair.


And on closing day after all the projects have been picked up.


We push all the display cases to the sides. People rent the space to store RVs/campers and other items in here during the winter.

Here are my projects and placements...

A tiny knitted hat that did not place and a tiny knitted scarf on tiny needles (toothpicks with beads on the ends) inside a glass ball. I was surprised to get a blue ribbon on the knitted scarf. It was so easy to make I really didn't think it would place that high.


A third (on left) in Quilt Top Pieced by Owner, Machine Quilted by Owner or Other. 
And no placement for the quilt on the right.
 


A second (on right) and third (on left) in Quilt Top Pieced by Owner, Machine Quilted by Owner.

A second on one birdhouse. The other didn't place. 

Third place for my Collection Under 25 Years. These are Salt and Pepper sets the my brother had given me. My son and niece decided to continue the tradition this past year after he passed.

Did not place with Collection 25 - 75 years old. These are pieces that I have been given or inherited from family members - a pie plate (it has a raised floral design that doesn't show up in the pic), pastry blender, rolling pin, Fiestaware dessert plate, Fiesta cup and saucer and tea strainer.

Twelve inch quilt blocks on the right got first and second. The six inch hummingbird block block got third and the pieced one above it did not place. I was disappointed with not placing with that one because the pieces are pretty small and I made sure it was perfectly pieced. Oh, well.

I am happy to be able to help the day of judging so I can see all quilts in all their glory. You can see from the above photos that not much of them shows by the time they are folded up to fit in our allotted space.  

My son received a first place with his project.


His project has special meaning for him - my brother was a police officer and he has several friends who are on volunteer fire/EMT departments.

So, another fair finished and closed up. Now I need to think about projects for next year!


hosting Design Wall Mondays and  
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to 
finish '18 in 2018'.
Check them out.

2 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your son on your Fair entries getting all of those awards - ;))