Thursday, July 26, 2018

I'm A Lucky Girl!

I had a birthday the other day. It was a big one. 

Recently Husband has been gifting me with some wonderful things. I came home from grocery shopping the other day and he had a post up on Facebook he wanted me to look at. He said, "You need this." We picked it up a few days later.


Sadly, it is the cutting table from the quilt shop that closed earlier this month. But, I am finding that it is a great table.


I trimmed this quilt this morning, 
getting it ready for binding.


It has spaces on the side that were 
used to display bolts of fabric.

Since this is living in my garage I won't be putting 
bolts of fabric there, but this cooler fits there. 




Then, I had been thinking of getting a different cell phone. I have had mine for quite a few years. It is small, but fits well in my pocket. I only used it for texting and calling, no data. Recently it began not staying charged all day. Husband told me to go get what I wanted/needed - phone, case, cables.

I ended up with something that works well, but I am still getting used to. 


It is quite a bit bigger than my old phone so it doesn't fit well in my pocket, but it has a bigger screen so I will be able to see things easily. I can set unlimited alarms which I use for school. My day changes every 20-30 minutes and alarms help me keep on track. I did upgrade my plan to include data so I can take and send pictures, email, Facebook/Messenger, GPS, games. And, my monthly bill isn't going up as much as I thought it might. 

Let me tell you a little story about shopping for this phone. My carrier is AT&T. I have a automatic pay-as-you-go plan. My first stop was the AT&T store. As soon as the sales person heard me say pay-as-you-go he responded that they don't stock many of those phones and he doubted that they even had any but would look in the back. He came back with a box that he never opened and said that they were required to sell me a different data plan. He suggested that I go to Best Buy. So, I did. The sales person there could not have been more helpful. He showed me what they had available, explained the different features well, and was even willing to transfer my contacts to my new phone, MANUALLY! I told him of my experience with the AT&T store and he said I was the third person that week who had been in with the same story. They didn't have any cases except the very basic plain - in black or white - but he got me set up with an extra charging cord to keep in the car and a Popsocket grip and stand, which I didn't really care about but it lowered the price. I have ordered a prettier, more protective case, glass screen protector and holster so I can wear this phone since it doesn't fit well in some of my pockets.

And, then, my quilty friends called and wondered if I wanted to join them on a fabric acquisition trip. Of course! Husband said, 'Get whatever you want". So I did.


From the left - a paisley print, just because I like it, plus the fabrics in that bundle on the right so well with it, two gray fabrics that will be used as sashing in t-shirt quilts, three batiks for the stash, a light gray and paisley for the stash. 

They were having a sale on batiks, which I LOVE, so it was hard not to buy more. I picked up this butterfly batik, put it back, picked it up and put it back again, finally put it in my cart and picked out some others to go with it.


 
I am a lucky girl. My husband is so generous and understanding of my quilting addiction!