Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tuesday Reorganizing

Reorganizing... seems I do that a lot. I don't know how much good it does me except that I do get rid of a few things every time I 'move my piles around'. 
That's what Husband calls my efforts to declutter/reorganize/clean - moving my piles around. He's not wrong. And, then I can't find things sometimes because I forgot where I moved them to. I do know that I am an 'out of sight, out of mind' kind of person. I need to be able to see my things or I forget about them altogether. I also know that I spend a fair amount of time on Pinterest and reading blogs looking at other people's craft/quilt/sewing rooms to see what works for them. Maybe I will find something that works better for me.

Yesterday I got these shelf dividers (Yay, Amazon) to put between my stacks of fabric on the shelf above my machine. 














I had to remove some of the fabric to place the dividers. I should have ordered more, but hopefully this will work better than no dividers.

The stacks were leaning, sometimes to the point of falling over. You can't see it, but there is a bed at the right of the shelf. I have concerns about the fabric toppling off the end of the shelf onto the bed. That is not a problem as long as no one is sleeping in the bed when the fabric topples. I know my stacks are too high, but I ran out of room! And, you can clearly see that I have more 'piles to move around'. It's a slow process for me. I have tried a few things that didn't work. So I try something else. Someday I will get it right. 

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Moving your piles around - boy, I can relate to that! I hope those shelf dividers work well for you - they look great! I must have tried a hundred different ways of "organizing" my stash and still don't have it to where I can find what I'm looking for when I want/need it. Some stuff is in drawers and plastic bins - but I'm like you - out of sight - out of mind - and then when I re-sort stuff, I find things I forgot I had - and if it's in a pile - the one I want is usually at the bottom - LOL - ;))