Monday, August 12, 2019

Perspective


I have been working every day in my sewing room - sorting, putting away, petting fabric. 
See? 
Here is my big ironing board that looked like has looked like this for a few days weeks.
And, here it is now! 
Clean, right? Sure! 
It is better, but I still have some work to do. I did run out of page protectors which brought me to a standstill with the pattern filing. They are sorted, however. It's just a matter of perspective. 

That Feathered Star block? Another UFO. I need to figure out how to finish it - a pillow, wall hanging, center medallion for a bigger quilt? Any ideas?

And, as if I have nothing else to do I will start cutting this today.
Husband has been asking what I will be working on next. He likes the colorful, complicated quilts.

And, make a few more blocks for this Snowflake Afghan from Art of Tangle.

And, work on this some more.
And, what's that peeking out on the left? Another list! 
Husband will be gone for half the day. I made a list of the errands I want to accomplish while he is gone. 

So, am I crazy or just like a variety of projects to work on? Sewing is something I do when he is not in the house or when machine noise won't bother anyone. The crochet and cross stitch projects are nice for TV time with husband or after he has gone to bed. He's an early to bed, early to rise person. I like to stay up for a couple of hours and watch British TV.
I guess it is a matter of perspective. 

1 comment:

Rebecca Grace said...

Page protectors! Thank you for reminding me! I'll need to stock up. I just rescued a treasure trove of Quilter's Newsletter Magazines going back to 1986 and I'm planning to go through each one, reading the articles, removing patterns I might want to make, and filing things neatly away. I will need LOTS of page protectors for sure!!