Friday, August 9, 2019

Sew Day Progress

I always enjoy getting to spend time with the quilt group. There were quite a few missing yesterday due to vacations, physical therapy (heart surgery), quilt shop hop trip.

I got some papers cut (because I forgot about that part), hexies basted to papers, and one flower and part of another flower sewn together.
It was a good day. 
I am always inspired by all the projects.

Today my usual quilt shop group was making a trip to our favorite quilt store, but I didn't get to go.
Why not?
Because...

There is always that one in every group. 
She starts it all. Here she comes.
And, the rest follow.
The cows love the fine leaves that fall off as the bales come out of the baler. 
It's a challenge to get through the gate before the cows do.
Today was an easy day. We need rain so the hay is not growing as much as usual. We also had a decent breeze.

We did notice that something is burning off in the distance.
 
On the way home from the hay field I heard on the radio a report of a fire in the town where Husband takes his farm machinery to be worked on. The fire was happening at a location very near that business. I hope the fire does not cause much damage.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

She sure likes that baler - and was probably waiting for it to come her way - LOL - ;))