Saturday, August 17, 2019

Circle of Life Quilt

is coming along.
I have been working on the small New York Beauty blocks.
I have removed the papers and am ready to start sewing the inner and outer piece that will complete each unit.
I love this quilt. The fabrics provided with the kit are beautiful batiks. I love batiks for their rich colors. I really have no complaints about this pattern and kit so far, except that I am a little frustrated.

The designer, Jacqueline de Jonge, is from the Netherlands so some of the wording is confusing me a little. Also, the pattern was written with the intention that many fabrics would be used for each color group. The kit includes ONE fabric for each color group. It is working well because the fabrics are batiks so there is a lot of variation in each fabric. I am fine with that. I just have to really pay attention and think about what I am doing when cutting. So instead of cutting all the pieces for a step I am cutting a little, piecing, and then cutting more. I don't want to make a mistake and run out of fabric because I cut wrong. Other than that I am pleased with this quilt. I think Husband likes it too. He keeps asking me, "Are you done yet?"

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!! Your husband reminds me of the kids who say, "Are we THERE yet?!?" - LOL - ;))