Monday, August 26, 2019

Monday Quilting

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I am working on a bed/table runner for my mom. Blooming Stars is the pattern. She has a long table so it will work for either one. And, I think she will use it on both.
She asked me to make this for her several years ago. She said she was in no hurry because she was working on decluttering/reorganizing her house. She is still working on that but wanted something to do this winter (after she retires!) so asked for it back. I told her it was pieced, but not quilted. She didn't want to do the quilting so I still have it. I had been trying to make a decision about how to quilt it but hadn't come up with anything I really liked. I wanted something simple that still gave a suggestion of flowers since the pattern description is "This beautiful runner twinkles with floral stars"I am thinking butterflies in the border. 
 This is what I have done so far, but I'm still indecisive. I am thinking of ditch stitching around the outside of each star. I don't know. Any suggestions?
I am tracing the design onto clear contact paper. A water bottle cap was just the right size for the center circle. I was hoping to be able to reuse the contact paper, but I think it is only going to be good for one use. That's ok though since there are only 5 stars/flowers.

Another project I will start on as soon as all the fabric arrives is a pillow and lap quilt for one of my husband's friends using this Indian Motorcycle fabric. 
He has a motorcycle just like the one on the panel. I also ordered (and received) a tire print fabric that will get used as a border with the panel and the pillow. Also an all-over print featuring different Indian motorcycles. I am waiting for the pillow panel and another print with all-over Indian logos.

The big news for today is...
... that's not fog...
... it's RAIN!
If you click the bottom picture to enlarge it you can see the rain!
It has rained off and on all morning and is predicted to do so all day. We need rain!

2 comments:

For the love of geese said...

The runner is so happy and regardless of you quilt it, it will still be beautiful.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

The bed/table runner looks good with the flower petal quilting design that you have so far. It gives the impression of a flower without being "fussy". Stitching in the ditch around the stars sounds like a simple solution. Maybe you could put repeat a "petal" in each green section to resemble a leaf. I like your idea of butterflies in the border - it's "flowery" without being "flowers". The tire print fabric for the motorcycle panel is perfect for the border! And YAY for rain - you surely need it - ;))