Thursday, August 29, 2019

Paperwork

Bleh.
I hate dealing with paperwork. 
Of course, if I took care of it more often I wouldn't have so much to deal with.

The whole time am sorting and filing I am thinking just how long do I need to keep some of these documents? I found this article at The Spruce. I was surprised at how quickly they say some documents can be disposed of. Suze Orman has different guidelines. Husband thinks we need to keep most documents for at least 10 years. I just really hate dealing with it, storing it, and worrying about disposing of something too soon. I find it all a little frustrating, but I am not ready to go paperless. I like to be able to put my hands on something if I need it. 

So lets look at something more positive.

These geraniums are just so lovely.
 And the Umbrella plant is doing well. 

I have had problems with mealy bugs on the Umbrella plant. I noticed that I don't see them on the geraniums so I put some geranium leaves on the Umbrella plant. That's the brown leaf in the picture on the left. Seems to have helped. 

And, I have been sewing.
These are her blocks so far. 
Her color choices this time were much different than what she normally chooses.
My block is the one in the second row on the left. I am worried it is too light compared to the rest. I will offer to remake it if she thinks so too. 
I see the lighting is different in these photos so maybe it looks better than I think!

This is the very last time I will make that Arrow Crown block. I am so glad this exchange is coming to an end. I really did not enjoy making that block. I wasn't the only one to feel that way. Several of us were talking at the Exchange meeting and feel the pattern was not well written as a lot of us had trouble getting our blocks together. I have noticed when looking through the blocks in each bag that the blocks range in size, as much as 1/2 inch. Many seams don't match, points are cut off. We are all fairly experienced quilters and this is unusual. 

I was lucky enough to get my bag back. Someone worked ahead and two blocks got done in one month.
 Here are all the completed blocks with the medallion center.
 This is my Arrow Crown block.
This is the center medallion. I participated in a Round Robin years ago. I made the center Feathered Star. Four other people added the next rounds.
Now to get it put together. I haven't decided on a layout yet.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your geraniums!! So - let me get this straight - instead of keeping ONE piece of paper - I'm supposed to get a scanner - scan it - save a copy on my computer - another copy in the cloud - and another one on an external hard drive - and either shred the original or put it in a fire-proof safe. Sounds like a lot of extra work to me - seems easier to get a file cabinet and some file folders - then file it - DONE! She says as she in inundated with TOO much paper! - LOL.

Your Arrow Crown block is pretty. I think I would "build" it like a 9-patch - four corner sections - four "middles" - and one "center". That's how I assembled the "Swoon" block a while ago - it seemed to make all of those silly pieces behave - ;))