Thursday, August 22, 2019

Drive South

[Chorus:]
Come on Baby drive south, with the one you love
Come on Baby drive south, with the one you love


I found the same lyrics by John Hiatt and Suzy Bogguss when I Googled the song title.

Anyway, I will be heading just a little south tomorrow to take some things to my son. 
I'm glad to have the big old deer head off that wall!
My parents had been planning to go see him so we decided to do it the same day. 
It will be good to seem them and Son. Sadly, GF has to work. I will miss seeing her.

Before I loaded the car I finished this block for the Exchange that is on Saturday.
This quilter used soft, feminine colors. I was worried there wouldn't be enough contrast, but I think my block turned out fine. It will fit in nicely with the rest of them.

I used to make my block for the Exchange as soon as I got home with the new bag. I have been waiting until almost the last minute with this Exchange. I couldn't figure out why since I am always excited to get a new bag of someone else's fabric to play with. Then I realized, I don't really like this block. I have trouble getting it together every single time. We have one more block to make then this Exchange will be over. We will decide on the theme for the next Exchange on Saturday. We will have a month or two off so everyone will have time to plan their quilt and get their fabrics together. We have been discussing a few different ideas. I am looking forward to something new.

No comments: