Friday, August 2, 2019

A Walk Around my Yard

I took a little walk around the yard yesterday to see how my plants are doing. 
 These two Petunias are in planters right outside my front door so are shaded and protected a little. I neglected them when I was at Retreat and some of the other ones don't look well at all. I will be surprised if they survive.
  
These three are growing in the area planted with plants from my brother's prairie.
These two double lilies are by my mailbox. I hope the mail carrier is enjoying them as much as I do.
 These two are just out my front door.
 This one is also out my front door. The wind kept blowing the grass in front of the phlox so not a very good picture. 

 Every morning there are rabbits in our yard. This morning one lucky rabbit found an apple that had fallen off the tree.

In the midst of organizing my sewing/guest room I decided it would be a good idea to start cutting another project. 

Hey, it was fabric that needed to be sorted and put back in the right spot so why not cut some of it up first? This is Sticks and Stones from Annie's ePatterns Central.

Since I have finished sewing down quilt bindings I needed a project to work on in the evenings while watching TV.
I picked up this project again. Most of the stitching is finished. The next step will be adding beads. That could take a time.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You have some pretty flowers!! I like your new pattern - should be a great stash buster - ;))