Sunday, January 5, 2020

Whew!

I am hoping the new year doesn't go like this last week. Son's GF had a procedure for kidney stone removal on Thursday. She had been pretty miserable, but was able to get some relief from prescribed pain meds. The surgery went fine and she was feeling better, then things took a turn. We ended up in the ER the next day. It took a while but she finally got some relief and the situation was resolved. She is at home resting with a little soreness and a little pain, but that is normal and expected and should improve over the next few days. Fortunately, she has the next 3 days off and can take more if needed.

On a bright note, Son loves his newly recovered chair. Also, we were able to visit some the day before and while GF was having the procedure done, so that was good. 

I spent yesterday afternoon unpacking and resting. I am glad to be home. Mental stress can wear a person out! 

As I was coming down the last 2 miles of road to my house I noticed a box of 'stuff' laying in the ditch. I thought it had fallen off of someone's truck unnoticed by the driver. But, as I continued down the road I noticed more, many more, boxes and bags. It seemed intentional now. Husband says is continues on past our place also. I am angry. I posted this photo on Facebook. My neighbor responded that they had already opened a bag, found the person's name and called the police. 

Today, the bags and boxes are still there and have split, or been ripped, open and garbage is blowing all over. In my head, garbage dumped along a rural road is equivalent to garbage being dumped in the front yard of a person who lives in town. It's ugly. It presents a problem for the people who travel on these roads if they have to pull over to let other vehicles and farm equipment pass. It is also a problem for mowing. Who knows what is in these bags/boxes - sharp objects that can flatten a tire, items that may be poisonous to wildlife, spoiled food, etc. DON'T DO IT! I was hoping the authorities would make the responsible person be...well, responsible and make them clean it up. So far, that hasn't happened.

In other news, I had a lovely lunch with my little quilt group. There are five of us who like to spend time with each other away from the group. One of the ladies had a visitor - her sister - who is part of the group when she is in town. Another one of the ladies is recovering from knee replacement surgery and is finally feeling up to getting out and about. We will be going on a quilt store trip on Tuesday. Yay! Those are always fun days.

Finally, a beautiful sunset to end this day.
Of course, my photo does not do it justice.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Whew! What a week! I hope your New Year goes better than that! Glad to hear GF is doing OK - and sure wish the people responsible for the trash would be made to clean it up - you know if it was you or me that we would be forced to do it! Have fun on Tuesday with your friends - ;))