Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Today I

took one of my machines in to be serviced. It is an hour drive each way, but The Fabric Center in Morris, IL is a lovely quilt shop. And, there is an old time cafe that has great hamburgers a block down. They saw us coming in the door with my machine and the lady had the ticket started by the time we set it on the counter. 
Then I spent a little time looking around. They have a lovely batik selection. I got a few FQs and a new ruler.
I had seen a video using the Creative Grids Pineapple ruler. 
I know that I don't need a ruler to make pineapple blocks, but using the ruler seems like it will be faster. And, I have a lot of scraps to use.
EDIT: I guess I accidentally posted this before I was finished typing!

Here is a link to Creative Grids website. There is a video there. And here is one on the Missouri Star Quilt Co. website.

I got this cute FQ - cats and quilts. I miss my kitties. They did love to lay on my fabric and quilts.
I also got these.
The three on the left are blenders. I have no plans at the moment, but they will get used. The red in the middle - top is a batik, next two I just liked, hearts on the bottom might become a bowl buddy. The reds on the right will be used for the 365 Challenge.

Sadly, the café was closed for renovation.

Yesterday I made the May 8 block for the 365 Challenge.
And fixed the May 7 block. I had turned two of the hourglass units the wrong way.
**EDIT again - I see a mistake in the May 8 block. Rats. I may leave it.

I have the May 4th block ready to work on.

I also made 2 blocks for the Stash Buster Challenge 2020 with Border Creek Station.
I cut more this morning.

All from stash.

After we got home I loaded the baby quilt on the frame and got busy quilting it.
My photo for today was taken this afternoon after the sun finally broke through. 

It was a cloudy, dreary morning so I'm glad I waited. The water in the field is starting to dry up, but more rain is expected in a few days.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm interested in what you think of the pineapple ruler - and if you think it's faster than doing it the "traditional" way - ;))