Tuesday, January 28, 2020

One of those days

It started out cloudy, gloomy, cold.
And has stayed that way all day.

I took one of my sewing machines in for service 2 weeks ago today. I emailed them yesterday to see what the status was. I didn't get a response so today I called. The machine service is done, but somehow the person repairing it broke the spool holder. That part has been ordered. They don't know when they will receive it but will let me know when it is ready to pick up. Could be a week. I get that things happen and this is pretty minor if something was going to get broken, but it would have been nice if they would  have notified me as to what happened and that there would be a delay in getting my machine back. They did offer to lend me a spool holder that sits next to the machine if I needed the machine back immediately. I don't and since I live over an hour away I told them I would wait. But, I am disappointed. I don't think they would have let me know if I hadn't called.

Then, I decided to load my mom's runner on the frame.
I have hand quilted the middle stars but wanted to do something in the border. I had ordered a nice design that I thought would work well. It's called Independence and came from Urban Elementz.

It's measures six inches tall. It's too big. Over an inch too big. Rats! Looks like my machine can only handle a design five inches tall or smaller. 
I was hoping to get this done in the next day or two since I plan to visit my parents next week and wanted to be able to give this to my mom. Back to hand quilting the border. But, I will be doing something simple. 

The computer has been slow, the TV cuts out during the last 5-10 minutes of a show, I keep dropping things, etc... I guess I am still tired from Retreat. Oh, well. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: