Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Today was

a bit emotional. It is my late brother's birthday. He would have been 58. He didn't get to enjoy much of being 55. He is so missed.

My mother had asked me to gather information on the local Independent Living/Assisted Living facility. It is part of the facility where my FIL is now and where my MIL spent the last 3 years of her life. It is a great facility. I met with the person who gives the tours and answers questions. I like the facility and I like that a person(s) can start out in the independent living unit. As needs arise assistance can be added. If necessary they can move to the skilled nursing unit or the dementia unit. 

My dad has dementia and I know in time my mom will need assistance in caring for him. I am glad she is planning ahead. I am also glad she is thinking of them moving where I am. They are over 3 hours away now. They don't travel much anymore and then try to only be away from home for a couple of hours as Dad gets restless and just wants to be home. It will be nice to have them closer. But, it sure is hard to think of them being in the position to have to think about moving out of their home and needing assistance.

On a more cheerful note, after I got home from the tour I played with fabric.

I cut 10 blocks for the 365 Challenge. 
I finished one block and started another.
Then I realized I had made a mistake and had to take out some stitching. 

I am back on track with that but decided to call it a night.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Emotions run high on certain dates when we lose someone we love - I totally understand. It's good that your Mom is planning ahead - it's hard to accept that you will someday need help - and it's nice that she plans to move closer to you. Your blocks look wonderful! - That is going to be a VERY pretty quilt!! - ;))