Thursday, January 9, 2020

New Project

I received a call from an ex co-worker the other day. There will be a new grandson soon. She and her daughter had bought what she called a receiving blanket at a craft fair recently. The daughter wanted it turned into a 'blanket' with a fleece backing, batting and satin edging. I know she meant quilt, not blanket. :) I suggested that instead of me picking she get the fleece, batting and satin binding so she would get what she wanted. I think that also gives people an idea of the cost of materials. I met with her today to pick up everything. 
The receiving blanket is a piece of flannel with a binding sewn around the edges. I think it will be much nicer as a quilted 'blanket'. I suggested a loose, loopy meander to keep it soft and cuddly. She agreed.

I have not sewn on satin binding before so I am a little nervous about that part. Any advice?

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Goodness - I haven't sewn satin binding in ages - I'd have to google it and try to find a tutorial. It's going to be wonderful - so soft and cuddly - ;))