Tuesday, January 21, 2020

My Day

started with this...

...a lovely sunrise with the moon still visible in the sky. A pretty start to the day.

Yesterday I was getting low on the pages in my planner so I decided to print more. I put a page on the plate, selected the number of pages to print and proceeded to do something else while I waited for the pages to print. Part way through the printer stopped and this message came up.
You can see in the photo that my colors are not right. The magenta square is magenta on the printer screen, but shows orangish/yellow in the photo.

I was sure I had another package of ink, but I did not. Then I realized that I had not changed the enlarge setting back to 100% from 155% from the last print job I did.
Rats. And, now I can't change the enlarge setting until I replace the ink. And, what about these too large pages? I suppose I can cut them down and still use them. I hate to waste the paper and the ink.

Speaking of my daily planner, I am having trouble getting into the habit of actually using it daily. I was doing pretty well, then some things happened that weren't part of the plan and that threw me off a little. I am working on getting back on track. 

Yesterday I also cut more fabric for SBC2020 blocks. I also started cutting fabric for more 365 Challenge blocks.
I want to cut five more blocks before I start sewing them. I like to have them ready for when I just have a few minutes to work on them.

Before that I tested some ink pads and stamps that I received recently.
The red I had been using seemed more pinkish than red to me so I ordered Rhubarb Stalk. It is not pink, but more of a darker red. The photo doesn't show how dark it is, but I like it. The black - Tuxedo Black - is a nice dark black. I saw it recommended on several stamping blogs that I was checking out. The larger MERRY CHRISTMAS is with stamped with the new Rhubarb Stalk. The peace on earth under it is the 'red' that I already had. The small Merry Christmas is stamped with Tuxedo Black.

I also activated, set up voicemail and added contacts to Husband's new phone. I finally got him convinced that he needs a cell phone. We went with Consumer Cellular. They have been great helping us through some issues.
Our landline is terrible, lots of static, and we are unable to get the carrier to fix it. I call the service number, listen to the robotic message, push the correct buttons, make an appointment for service - usually 10-15 days from the date of the call, get text messages for several days before asking if we need to keep the appointment or has the problem been resolved (really?! they expect the problem to resolve itself?) to which I reply KEEP, more text messages stating repair tech in on the way and we will receive a text when fixed. We never receive a text stating the problem is fixed, probably because it never is. Oh, the static is better for a few days. It never completely goes away although it does get better, then worse, then better. I am convinced they do not want to deal with landlines. They only want to deal with cable, cell and internet. 

Anyway, Husband has decided it is pretty nice to have a cell phone so he can call the farm equipment repair people right from the tool shed. Sometimes they are able to tell him how to fix something over the phone, or they can figure out what parts they need before they come out. He had been using a cell phone for a little bit when he started having issues with it. CC walked us through some things to try to resolve the issue. When that didn't help they sent him a new phone. It began having the same issues, only not as frequently. Then Husband somehow cracked the outer display screen. The phone still works but incoming calls are not displayed on the cracked screen. I ordered a new phone, different model. Hopefully, this one will work better.

No comments: