Monday, January 27, 2020

Design Wall Monday

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

My wall looks like this.
Thirty one blocks. I haven't worked on this for a few days because I have spent the last four days at Retreat.

Before I left I finished another 
365 Challenge block.

I like to twirl the centers whenever possible. It isn't always possible, but it sure helps with reducing bulk if can be done.

Retreat started on Thursday and went through Sunday. The weather was iffy a few days. We got rain/snow/rain/snow/freezing temps. The roads were slick a couple of days, but most of us ventured out anyway. What better way to spend cold, snowy winter days than with fabric and friends.

It's hard to see, but those bright specks are snowflakes.
The days seem to kind of run together for me and I can't remember exactly what days I worked on what projects but here is what I got done. I worked on the red and black flannel quilt that I had started at the last Sew Day.
I got the top put together. 
It is really soft!

I worked on an Exchange block that I didn't get a photo of. One of the members decided that she was just not able to do the exchange this time and dropped out. We all decided to go ahead and make our blocks for her anyway. The bag stays in the room where we meet for Sew Days and Retreats. People have been working on it as they have time. Her blocks will be done soon! She doesn't know we are doing this so I think it will be a nice surprise for her.

I also started on the Cow Panel. I wanted to add some length to this. I started making 9-Patch Star blocks, six for the top, six for the bottom.
 
Then I laid it out with different fabrics to see what I could do for more length and borders. It took me a while to come up with a plan I was happy with. I also realized I didn't have enough of the red barn wood. I decided to make 12 more 9-Patch Stars. One row of six each for the top and bottom with a strip of black to separate them with a strip of black between them. 
I ran out of the black, but knew I had more at home so that project got put away. I have sent a message to the shop the barn wood fabric came from to see if they will mail me a couple more yards. I plan to put a border of the red all the way around. That will make it a nice throw size. 
*How many of you eagle eyes can see what I did?

Next project was Circle of Life. 
I already had the center done.
I was able to complete six of the large New York Beauty units. 
Two more to make.

All that's left to do now is unpack.

3 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

Oh my, you have some gorgeous projects in the works. I wish I had all that design wall space, so inspiring for quilting.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your projects!! My "eagle eyes" don't seem to be working today - I can't see what you did - ;))

Marie said...

LUV that pinwheel block!