Monday, January 13, 2020

Design Wall Monday

To see what other quilters are up to go to 

I finished my block for the Exchange for this month. I was disappointed with the wildly varying sizes of the blocks after the last exchange so I gave this a lot of thought. It was discussed that we all check to make sure that we and our machines are sewing true 1/4 inch seams. Turns out some people discovered that their machines were not as accurate as they had thought. I am hopeful that these blocks will be more true to size. We are making A Sparkling Sampler, found here. We each took a block or two. There are several blocks that are made up of smaller units. 

On the left is the block I made for DB.
 On the right are all her blocks so far.

I can't remember if I have posted anything about this exchange (and am being too lazy to search back through previous posts!) so here is mine. It is 16 inches finished.
And here are HH's. She is making the smaller star units - 13 of them.


I tried another recipe this weekend. Bacon wrapped chicken can be found here. The only changes were that I didn't have paprika and I used boneless, skinless thighs since that is what I had. It was good. 
Husband says he would eat it again.

I have decided that I am going to TRY to take a daily photo showing the view out my front or back door. 

 
Today isn't much different than yesterday; another cold, dreary day, but at least we don't have freezing rain, or a blizzard. It is days like this that I'm thankful to be retired.
Out the back door the garden beds are resting, waiting for warmer temperatures.

This is a farm down the road from us.

I leave the seed heads on my plants. These are sunflowers. The birds enjoy them and they will reseed themselves.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooh - a lovely sampler pattern and a recipe that looks YUMMY! Thanks for sharing - ;))