Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Retreat

I did handwork on Thursday and Friday because we were filled to capacity. On Saturday and Sunday several people had left so I had a space at a table to set up my machine and sew.
I completed this Fab 5 Windmills.
It needs one yard each of five different fabrics for the top. The backing and binding are extra. I had purchased a 5-yard bundle of grays and whites recently and it worked perfectly for this quilt. I have been thinking I might need a few quilts in my stash that would be suited for guys. I removed one of the gray prints that had large flowers on it and replaced it with the red that I had in my stash. (Gotta love having a stash!) I have a wide backing that will work well and the binding is already cut from the red.
I worked on a scrappy quilt that I started a few years ago. I will post that when I get the top together.

There was a lot of hard work going on and lots of Show and Tell.
 On the left a three yard quilt pattern. On the right a flannel quilt for someone's husband.

 On the left a bordered panel (I was too close to get the entire quilt, but I love that border). On the right a kit from a favorite quilt shop.

 On the left that same kit made by a different quilter. Both quilters making this kit are in the picture. On the right a quilt made with a lovely lilac print.

On the left a Churn Dash in three different sizes. The quilter who made this quilt belongs to a guild that several of the retreaters belong to. There has been much grumbling about the 3" churn dash blocks required for this quilt. On the right two rows of an Illusion quilt. Also in the picture on the right is a quilter holding a tree made from quilt fabrics.

 On the left a beautiful 4-patch quilt top in progress. On the right a basket sampler quilt that several of the Thursday Sew Day quilters are working on.

 On the left a cuddly flannel quilt for a quilter's grandchild. On the right a quilted, not bound yet, quilt for a grandchild. The print is dancing Hula Bears.

 On the left a HST pattern. It is hard to see but the fabric is very cute. On the left a top made using Missouri Star Quilt Company's pattern Quartrefoil.

A lovely scrappy 36 patch with tiny star cornerstones.

I was gifted everyone's bonus HSTs.
And, this lovely tin full of teeny tiny pieces.

I think the quilter had a plan, but there are no notes or pattern in the tin. I will have to give this some thought.

All that's left now is to unpack.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Ooh - what pretty eye candy! Thanks for sharing! The bonus HSTs look like fun - I have a bunch of those and really need to figure out what to do with them - LOL. The tin of tiny pieces look like equilateral triangles - I wonder if she was planning to make a "Thousand Triangle" quilt - if so - she would need lots and lots of little triangles - ;))