Monday, October 28, 2019

On My Wall

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I still need to trim and sew the binding on this quilt.
I hope to get that done today.

I had hoped to do that at retreat, but just didn't get around to getting it trimmed and the binding attached by machine. I underestimate how much time I have in the mornings. Oh well, retreat was still productive for me.

We were filled to capacity this time so I took handwork the first two days so that other quilters could have access to outlets and table space. I finished the Christmas tree skirt for Son and his GF.
I think it is really cute and the non-traditional colors will suit them well.

I made this cute bee wool applique that I am going to gift to my niece for Christmas. She has a wall display of her dad's bee-keeping items. I am hoping this will fit right in. 
I happened to have the cute display easel for a project I am working on, but my project is smaller than the bee piece.
I think it is better suited to the bee.

And, of course, I worked on the GFG pieces. 
I have 8 more to make than I can work on adding the green diamonds around each 'flower'.

I have more retreat pictures but will save them for another post.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your Christmas tree skirt turned out nicely! And I LOVE your "bee" - the display easel is perfect! I'm looking forward to seeing your GFG - ;))

Judy Hansen said...

Hi Cindy,
All of your projects are so cute. The wool project with the bee is very nice, and appropriate for your niece. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy