Thursday, October 17, 2019

How's It Going?

Better than I thought it would! I got about half way finished with the quilting yesterday. 
 
I am using Snowdrift design boards and a variegated black/gray thread. This is the first time I have used this board and the snowflake part is a trick - very similar to microstippling. It is a little hard to see, but that's ok! The blocks are cute and I really want them to be noticed more than the quilting.
I am mostly quilting this just to hold it together. I wanted to try this design since I have had the boards for a while but hadn't used them yet. I'm not sure I enjoy this design, but I hope to get more comfortable with it as I go. 

Then, I pricked my finger good enough to draw blood. Husband needed me to help move machinery around anyway, so it was a good time to stop. 

No comments: