Saturday, October 5, 2019

Recipe Report and Other Stuff

The latest recipe I have tried is this
I did not use reduced fat soup. I did halve the recipe since it is only the two of us. I used one can of cream of chicken soup and no cream of mushroom soup as I didn't know what I would do with half cans of soup. I expected to be able to get six biscuits since the full recipes says it will make twelve. I only got four, but that worked well for us. Maybe I made them too big but they seemed just the right size for us. We ate half the recipe at one meal. I reheated it the next day covered. I was concerned the biscuits would get hard, but they were fine. We both liked this and I will make it again. 

On the quilting front I have been working on The Indian motorcycle quilt and pillow.
The quilt top is finished. The top part is not visible in this photo. It looks just like the bottom. Today I will get the back put together and get it loaded on the long-arm frame.
I finished the pillow yesterday.
Pillow Front
Pillow Back
I pieced the back and closed it with a button so that it can be removed and washed as needed. Husband thought it turned out well.

My plants and flowers are doing well. 
Last year the pink geranium stole the show. It has gotten a little leggy. It is showing new growth, but no flower buds.
This year I think the red one is going to take over the show.


The umbrella plant continues to show new growth, but I can't seem to get rid of those darn bugs.

 And the treatments I have used are causing damage to the leaves.


Harvest has started around here, but not for Husband. His beans are not quite ready. He tried yesterday, but with the recent rain and heavy dews we have had they just aren't dry enough. He says he will try again today, but we are suppose to get more rain this afternoon/evening.


He has beans that are more ready than these. He likes to plant several varieties that mature at different times. These fields are right by our house. He likes to do them last so he is close to home at the end. Last year he hauled in his first load on September 5th. What a difference this year.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Yum - another recipe! I'll have to try this one - I have all of the ingredients - so no grocery shopping is needed - YAY! Your Indian motorcycle and pillow look good - and your geraniums are a nice bit of color - ;))