Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Recipe Report

Yesterday I tried this recipe for 


shutterstock_434376250
It was OK. Mine did not look like the picture shown here. Mine was more liquid, less thick and syrupy and I ended up adding some cornstarch to some of it to make a gravy. I thought the chicken would have more flavor, but it seemed like all the flavor was in the liquid. I did halve the recipe except for the glaze. Maybe that had something to do with it. I am not sure I will make this again. 


A tried and true recipe that I love is this 
Crock Pot Beef Stew. 
My mom used to make it a lot and I used to make it for my brother and son during hunting season. They always went out at dawn. By the time they came back in cold and hungry this stew was ready to warm them up. My SIL loves it too. I cooked it on high for fewer hours so it would be ready by noon. For me I follow the cooking time in the recipe. Either way it is always good.

I love a recipe that can be started in the morning and then pretty much forgotten about (except that it smells so good while cooking!) until time to eat. 

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oh, goody - more yummy recipes!! - ;))