Thursday, October 17, 2019

Corner Trimming Template

I know you will think I am crazy because I was frustrated with the last Exchange my quilt group did, but after much thought, I decided to give it one more try. I really enjoy the company of these ladies and we decided we would all do a test to make sure we are all using accurate 1/4 inch seams.

We are doing A Sparkling Sampler

A digital pattern can be found at here at The Quilting Company.
I am using a FQ bundle of red reproduction fabrics I purchased a while back. I added a large print that will be the border, some greens and the solid tan. I had the other tans in my stash. 
Here is my block - Block I. It measures 16 1/2 inches to finish at 16 inches. 
This one is constructed very much like the block I made for the last Exchange, but it went together so much better.

While piecing my block I remembered a template/ruler I had received a few years ago, as a free gift for renewing a magazine I think. The Corner Trimming Template is what is was named then. It has a new name now and can be found here.
I have used it several times when piecing binding strips and had gotten it out when making the binding for the motorcycle quilt. I don't know why but I hadn't thought about using it for piecing blocks. 
Well, now was a good time to use it. Trimming the corners makes aligning the pieces correctly so much easier. I will keep this on my work table and make a habit of using it to trim corners as needed.

No comments: