Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Spring

truly is my favorite time of year.
Standing at my front door I can look out and see lots of beauty.

Green growing things. 
 


Colorful flowering things.
 

It makes my heart happy. 
 

It lets me forget, just for a moment, all the crazy going on in the world right now. 
 

I have Spiderwort in purple and white. They like to open in the morning, but close up around noon. The honeysuckle I didn't plant. It just showed up one day and decided it wanted to live at my  house.

I finally figured out how to make adjustments to my photos! 
The photo on the left is straight from my phone. It's nice, but sometimes the color isn't quite right in some photos. I think I have figured out how to clarify, adjust light/dark, adjust color and add a vignette which is what I did with the photo on the right. I lightened the edges. The honeysuckle bloom above that has a vignette with darkened edges.

I also (mostly) enjoy the critters that show up at my house. 
 

I do not enjoy them eating/destroying my plants. Eating them I don't mind quite so much, but to just snip off the leaves and not eat them leaves me really frustrated. I planted six cantaloupe plants. In the raised beds I sowed seeds for green beans, radishes, mini cucumbers, sugar snap peas. I have three cantaloupes left (rabbits, most likely since they are on the ground) and most of the leaves of the green beans have been snipped off (birds, most likely starlings). The wind from yesterday damaged the cucumbers. So today Husband and I rigged up some barriers.

We used what we had plus a few new things. I just hope it helps. I know some people say plant extra so you can share with nature. We used to do that, but now it's just the two of us. I will eat all of what is growing but Husband won't eat the cucumbers, tomatoes or sugar snap peas unless they are disguised in a salad. I don't care to have a large garden. I don't care to can or freeze a lot of produce. I just want a few fresh things to eat during the growing season.

Stay safe and well.

No comments: