Monday, June 8, 2020

Inside/Outside

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Before the heat drove me inside I got my little fence placed. I hung a rooster on it. 
I like roosters and chickens. The building blocks hold the fence upright and make the fence easy to relocate if I decide I don't like it there. I got some plants yesterday that I plan to put around the building blocks. I am not going to plant them just yet though. We are on the edge of the expected path of tropical storm Cristobal and are forecasted to get wind gusts up to 45-50 mph with the possibility of tornadoes tomorrow. 
The path of Tropical Storm Cristobal is expected to move through Wisconsin Tuesday and Wednesday, unleashing heavy rains and gusty winds. Credit: National Hurricane Center
That will not be good for newly relocated plants. I will wait to see what happens. Hope to get things in place later this week.

The temperatures were rising so I went inside to work on stuff stashed under the MegaQuilter frame. I store my thread for machine quilting by color in tubs on the shelf. It was starting to get a little messy.
I discovered I had more of the basic colors - white, off-white, natural, light gray and gray- than I thought. I use these quite a bit and had ordered more the last time there was a thread sale at Connecting Threads. I also don't like the spools sitting out in the open because they get dusty. So I consolidated and re-organized and now it looks like this. Better. I need to get busy quilting so I can use up all that thread. 
I my defense, when I first got the MegaQuilter Husband ordered several thread bundles so I would have some of every color. Isn't he a great guy!?

Today it is cooler with a strong breeze so I have been working outside. I have LOTS of weeds to pull, bushes to trim, watering to do. But first I took a little walk around.
These first two are in memory of my brother. The miniature rose was given to me by my co-workers. The Penstemon was relocated from the prairie area he had worked so hard to start where he lived. My SIL struggled with living in the house the remodeled. Taking care of the land also more than she could handle alone so she has since moved and the sale of the house and land is pending. I am so glad I was able to dig up some plants and move them to my house.
 This is Clustered Bellflower. They are a beautiful purple and are spreading.
These two were unexpected surprises! The Clematis is peaking out from a wild growth near the back of ramp which is at the front of the house. The lily is by the water spigot in the back. I knew they were getting close to blooming, but didn't expect it to be today.

We are experimenting with a soaker hose in the raised garden beds. It is a long hose and easily reaches between the two beds and the small area of mini cucumbers. But, the bed at the beginning of the hose is getting lots of water while the other end isn't. I will try a different configuration the next time we need to water.

Stay safe and well.

No comments: