Friday, June 12, 2020

A New Project


Son's GF's sister is expecting a little girl in September. They called and asked if I would be interested in making a baby quilt. 
Of course, I would! 
They saw this on Pinterest and asked if I could make something like this. I found the pattern at Shabby Fabrics.
 
But... Sister likes pink, the baby is a girl. Can the background be light pink instead of white? Sure.
Also... Sister likes sunflowers. Can the flowers be sunflowers instead of tulips, in the colors of sunflowers? Sure.
And... they don't really care if it has the 'triangles' (prairie points). Can those be left off? Sure.

So here is what I have come up with so far. 
Light pink fabric with a subtle swirly design for the background. And an ombre that changes from green (grass) to blue (sky). It was approved so fabric has been ordered since I had nothing that would work in my stash. There will probably be an outer border in the pink. I may bind with the green/blue ombre or make a binding using all the butterfly colors.

Then I pulled fabric from my stash for the sunflowers, stems and leaves.

And for the butterflies.
Not all of this fabric will be used, but I wanted to give GF an idea of what I had and what it would look like together. She thought this all looked good and is looking forward to seeing the quilt finished.

On another note, this little beauty is opening up.

A few days ago I had thought I should try out the new blogger. I have seen discussion on other blogs about issues with it. I didn't have any issues really. It seemed to look like the original blogger to me. I just wasn't getting comments. So I switched back. Then I did get a comment. That person mentioned that it took a minute to find the 'create new post' button. I hadn't noticed that was different at all when I switched to new blogger. So today I am again trying new blogger. It is different. Things look different. The steps to add links and photos are different. Not hard, just a little frustrating trying to figure out how to do it. And why?! Why did things have to change? I don't understand if things are working well why they have to be updated and improved. I usually don't find that the updates and improvements are any better. Just different and it takes me a while to figure it all out. Oh, well.

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with you about BloGGer - I can do without change for the sake of change - this NEW BloGGer doesn't seem to be any better - but it sure is different - AGAIN.

Your baby quilt is going to be SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE - I'm really looking forward to seeing your version - ;))