Saturday, June 13, 2020

Beautiful Start To the Day

I am not a morning person, but being married to a farmer has forced me to be. Today I was rewarded with some early morning beauty.

We had a few sprinkles, then this.
If you look closely you can see the faint double to the right. Husband just came in and said that it has sprinkled on him four times in the last hour and each time there was a new rainbow, often a double.

I had noticed a pair of chipping sparrows flying back and forth around the front porch area. I kept thinking there had to be a nest nearby. As I was taking pics of the rainbow I was being scolded!
Then I saw one of the adults leave this bush. 

There is a nest with babies in there.

Also around that part of my yard are the blooming Clustered Bellflower.
 

And, the yellow daylily.
Sorry for the blurry photo. It is windy here again. Not as bad as a few days ago, but enough to keep the flowers swaying. 

I'm still not sure about the new blogger. When I created this post it seems I am back to the original version. Oh well. Guess I will leave it along until forced to change.

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Double rainbows are so pretty!! The bird parents were scolding you - how funny!! I'll bet they didn't expect you to find the baby birds so soon - LOL. Your flowers are pretty, too - I love the Day Lilies - so cheerful. And I agree with you about the new BloGGer - I like the older version better thankyouverymuch - ;))