Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Roosters and Butterflies

What a combination!

I got my bench-turned-fence painted.

Here it is modeling Sweet n' Sassy while I decided where to place it.

I decided to put it under this tree. Building blocks with bricks behind the legs hold it in place. It will be easy to move if I decide I don't like it here.

Yesterday I spruced it up a little.


My son and his GF gifted me with the chickens. They were meant for the kitchen. There are three of them in graduating sizes. There were linked together with chains meant to be hung and to hold produce. GF's parents were moving and didn't want them anymore. They thought I would like them. Isn't that nice of them to share?! I lined them so the potting soil wouldn't fall through then added plants. I know they don't hide the building blocks but the area does look a little nicer. I looked for trailing plants that would hand down and cover the blocks, but I couldn't find any. Things seem sparse in the garden centers around here this year. The rocks were picked up through the years by Husband when he found them in the fields. 

The background fabric for the Butterfly Baby Quilt arrived yesterday. 
It is a soft pink with a subtle swirly design. 

I got quite a few butterflies cut out. I hope this in enough, but can always add more if needed.
Guess I better get to work!

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your bench/fence looks good under that tree! The chickens make nice planters, too - I hardly noticed that they were sitting on the blocks. And your baby quilt is going to be pretty - the butterflies are so colorful - ;))