Monday, June 22, 2020

Masks

To see what other quilters are up to go to

I was able to get four sunflowers appliqued on the Butterfly baby quilt.
I am really enjoying this quilt, but I had to stop there and make some masks.

Son's GF needed bigger, man-size masks. She, meaning the male employees she manages,  also requested more masculine fabrics and colors. I try to put a more subdued or tone-on-tone type fabric on one side along with a 'fun' fabric on the other. 50 masks are ready to ship off to her tomorrow.

My mom retired several months ago, but her former employer sent a Facebook message that they are in need of masks in both adult and child sizes. So I have been busy with that, too.
I am trying to be mindful and make some masks more masculine. I am also trying to remember that not everyone likes 'fun' fabrics. Keeping that in mind, even with the ones for kids, I am trying to pair quieter - solid or tone-on-tone - fabrics with the fun fabrics.

My personal opinion is that if we have to wear a mask why not make it fun! But, not everyone feels that way and I understand that.

I have mentioned our barn cat previously.
I don't usually see him much. But, last night he decided to hang out on the ramp at the front of the house. He stayed there for about an hour.
I kept watching him. He really is a pretty handsome, cat, but doesn't allow 
anyone to get too close. I caught him taking a little cat nap. I love when cats curl their front paws in.
Then, he stretched, washed his face and was gone. 

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your sunflowers are SO pretty!! Your masks are very cheerful - and I agree - if we have to wear them - they should be FUN - but not everyone thinks like we do - ;))