Monday, September 2, 2019

On My Wall

See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Progress on Circle of Life.
This is five checkerboard units. I need to make three more. I am really liking this quilt. Husband does too.

When I decided to retire I also decided to stop wearing my hair short. I haven't had a haircut since March. My hair grows pretty fast, but there is a period of time where nothing can be done with it. I also do not do much styling with a hair dryer or curling.
Yesterday Husband said something about my hair. I heard - 'You need to do something with your hair.' When I asked him what he thought I should do with it he said that wasn't what he said/meant. He says he said that my hair is at that awkward stage where it's hard to do anything with it. It is. It isn't long enough to pull up and look decent. I can get some of it up and off my face but the shorter pieces fall down soon and I end up messing with it all day. I have put off going in for a haircut because I don't want to move backwards. I like it long so I can do different things with it. I get bored with a short hair cut that looks the same all the time.

Today I will be working with these apples. Yesterday we noticed the tree was full of birds so we went out and picked as many as we could reach.
They are small and 'buggy' and I don't know if they are really work messing with, but I hope to get an apple pie or two and maybe some applesauce or apple butter. I haven't decided yet. I guess it depends on how much 'apple' I end up with after peeling, removing buggy spots and the core. There really aren't that many. I wish we had some farm animals to feed them to, but there is only the bull now. We haven't had chickens or goats or horses or mules for a few years, the donkeys are gone, all the cows are at FILs, the barn cats won't eat them. Guess I better get busy.

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! The colors just pop and I love the design. Good luck with your hair. Growing it out is never easy. :)

Sara said...

The quilt will be spectacular! Wow! Growing out a short hair cut is sometimes just plain painful getting through the awkward stage. Mine seems to be getting shorter every year.

Chris said...

That quilt is beyond gorgeous! I went through the same thing with my hair a few years ago. I just clipped it behind my ears until it was long enough for a ponytail then used a big clip. Then suddenly it ws down the middle of my back and I had trouble combing it. Turns out as I got older, my hair started to curl.

AnnieO said...

Amazing quilt, what a labor of love that must be.

The inbetween hair is a chore...I like being able to put my hair up, too. Thin headbands can help at your stage, just to change it a bit. My daughter is my hairstylist so I get plenty of comments when I don't do anything with it!

Jay said...

Your hair is so pretty! Both color and style. I'm growing mine, too, and got a break when my stylist went on maternity leave. It's still too short for a ponytail, but I'm going to persevere.