Friday, September 27, 2019

A Whole Lot of Nothing

I don't know where my days go. I start each day with a list of things to do. Before I know it the day is over and I don't seem to have gotten much accomplished on my list. 

I did spend some time working on this jacket. Earlier this week I decided to add some pockets to it. I like the jacket because it is longer, has embroidery on it and it was almost free. The only thing I didn't like was it had no pockets. Every time I wore it tried to put my hands into pockets that didn't exist. 

I was working in my sewing room when I remembered some orphan blocks I had left over from a baby quilt.
Now it has pockets. I know they don't quite fit the style of the jacket, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to match the denim or the embroidery so I figured why even try to make a match. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement and it will serve me well with pockets no matter what they look like.
I just had to run a quick errand and wore this jacket. The pockets worked great for holding my keys, phone and wallet. 


As I was returning home from my errand I noticed the sky. Once I got home I got a few pics of the storm moving in.




There is some thunder and lightening going on and the wind is picking up, but no rain yet.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You are SO clever!! That is/was a GREAT solution for pockets - I'll have to remember that - I'm a pocket-lover, too - ;))