Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Design Wall on Tuesday

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I worked on my Grandmother's Flower Garden over the weekend. I got another flower finished.
I don't know how many I have finished at this point. I did cut enough hexies for the amount of flowers I need to make the quilt the size I want. I do know I have a ways to go yet.

I also did some mending/altering over the weekend. While organizing I have been finding clothing items that need some work . I really don't enjoy 'fixing' clothes that much. I prefer to make something than to try to fix something. But, when I visit my son I try to stop in the Goodwill store there and I almost always find things. I hate paying full price for clothes. I don't need fancy, nice clothes so I don't want to spend a lot of money. 
Anyway, I found a pair of boot cut jeans that that had been shortened. I knew taking in the leg seams and fixing the hem would be an easy fix so I got them - $5.00 for a pair of jeans that would have cost around $50 retail. The fancy pockets are cute, not something I usually go for but I liked the way they fit. I also had purchased a zip-front sweatshirt (at a retail store) but found the sleeves were shorter than I liked after washing. I find that a little weird since the sweatshirt itself is plenty long, which I do like. So I cut the sleeves off a too-small long sleeve T and sewed them inside the sweatshirt sleeves so that a little was peeking out. Then I fixed the back yoke seam of a cute tunic top that was given to me. The sheer fabric was fraying and the seam had come open. I folded it back under and used a feather stitch to sew it closed. Easy fixes. 

Yesterday I had a lovely lunch with my lovely SIL. We got caught up on a lot of things. And, we shopped. She likes to shop and we were near an outlet mall. She doesn't like paying lots of money for clothes either. 

I got 4 new tops for the cooler months. I look better and feel better in woven button shirts, but they are hard to find. At WM and farm stores it seems like everything is knit, thin and close fitting and not all flattering on me. These are comfortable and look good and were inexpensive. 

After she left to go to work I went to a nearby fabric store. There I found some ladybug buttons for I project I am working on and a neutral fat quarter. I like to keep neutrals on hand for scrap quilts. I showed great restraint! They had some lovely fabrics, but I really need to finish up projects that I have here and use up the fabric I already have.

No comments: