Monday, September 23, 2019

Monday Making

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I decided (with some help :) you know who you are!) that I was wasting too much thought and time on the Medallion quilt.
So I packed it all up and put it away for another day.

Then, the gray snowflake print fabric I ordered for the Christmas Tree skirt came so I got busy on that.


It is ready for quilting. I plan to use the red and black check for binding. The opening is the snowflake on the upper right. I may bind just that block where the seam meets with gray so it isn't as noticeable. But, then again, I might not since it will likely be in the back and covered with gifts.


I also spent time cleaning out some kitchen cabinets. 
Baking supplies
Just the candy!
We both have a sweet tooth, but husband really does!
Not finished, but looking better!
I asked Husband why we have so much food. He said he thinks we are afraid we might run out! or get hungry! I think he is the one who is afraid. 
I threw away a trash bag full of expired products. I don't worry about canned foods expiration dates, but I do worry about baking supplies and mixes. We have so much food that does not get eaten. 

I do have something that will NEVER get eaten.
My brother was a bee-keeper. This is the last honey he gave me. It has been labeled and has a special place in the cabinet.

One of the geraniums is blooming.
And, the Umbrella plant continues to show new growth.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

So - your Medallion Quilt is in a time-out - LOL - your tree skirt is ready for binding - YAY - and you're cleaning cabinets/throwing out expired foods - you have been BUSY!! Thanks for the reminder on the expired foods - I should go through mine, too. Love your blooming geranium and your Umbrella plant - ;))