Tuesday, September 17, 2019

So...Whaddaya Think?

I have been playing with fabric today.
My inspiration...
My rendition...
 I like it.

I have used three shades of gray. The middle of the sashing is the lightest. The narrow strips on each side of the middle strip are a little lighter. The small squares in the sashing and the corner triangles of the colored hourglass are the darkest. I am planning to use the colors used in the blocks randomly except to use the same color for the small squares around each cornerstone as pictured in the inspiration quilt.
I think I will like it more when I get more sashing strips and cornerstones made. The sashing finishes at 5 inches. I am concerned at this point that with the size of the medallion the size of the sashing will make the quilt really big. I like a big quilt but maybe not that big. I might end up with two quilts made from these blocks!

No comments: